21 November 2008

temporary happiness?

In 1374, a philosopher named Geoffrey Chaucer wrote"All things must come to an end". Later on, the word 'good' was added and several variants of this proverb was created, the most popular one being: "All good things must come to an end."

I've thought about this time after time after time. Especially when things are exceptionally good in my life [and my relationship]. I try not to entertain the concept though, because the mere thought of it scares me.

Do all good things really come to an end?

'Cuz if they do, then I'm determined to make this "good" thing I got right now go real, REAL slow ... I don't know how much sense that makes to ya'll, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I think it's safe for me to say I'm happy ... and that's a "good" thing, but does this mean my happiness will come to a halt?


I hope not. :-/

4 comments:

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

All good things come to an end so that better things can come together.

Peggy M. said...

You just made me appreciate this proverb!

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Peggy baby all good things do not come to an end all bad thing's do pace you're self take your time and understand that making mistakes comes with being human and you will be fine so happy your happy :) ......Hollywood more comments to come ok I'm just getting started

Brothers Blog said...

I think that if something is good there are ways that we can either enhance and make them better or keep them going good. Definitely doesn't mean that good things necessarily have to end.