07 March 2008

It's the Roc !

As you probably already know, Sean Bell's wife, Nicole Paultre-Bell is featured in a Roc-A-Wear ad which is part of a campaign appropriately titled " I Will Not Lose". Now, some people feel this is a planned publicity stunt to influence the jury, since the trial started on 02.25.08. However, Chief Marketing Officer for Roc-A-Wear, Jameel Spencer, argues that these ads are simply showing how people can overcome adversity.

Personally, I agree with the idea of the whole campaign. It's a mixture of everything to me. These ads keep the Bell family in the public eye. We all know the saying - 'outta sight outta mind'. We don't want that happening in this situation. Next, we all know Nicole Bell got paid for these ads, and I'm positive she will put the money to good use. Last, like CMO of Roc-A-Wear stated, she is overcoming adversity and the ads really show do emotion.

I'm hoping Roc-A-Wear has done this for its societal effects and not just to improve revenues or awareness of the brand... I'll go with the former.. since Jay-Z is a super philanthropist...not to mention I love the man.. he could do no harm in my eyes (lol).

What do you think 'bout this one ?

No comments: