03 December 2009

why..

"...did you go natural?" is a question, i've recently encountered if i'm not being complimented, since going natural. i came across this poem by Jackie Joice while cyber-stalking natural hair sites (they've helped immensely) and loved how it listed in a nutshell a few of the reasons i decided to take this journey and experience my REAL hair.. for the first time in about twenty years.


Jackie why did you cut your hair?

I liked it the "other way"

Jackie are you going ill?

Jackie do you belong to a religious cult?

Jackie are you a lesbian?

I cut my hair because

I was tired of

frying

burning

cooking

crimping

chopping

cutting

curling

pulling

stretching

gelling

slicking

relaxing

perming

and spending.

That's why I cut my hair!

-Jackie Joice

No comments: