13 February 2009

i'm curious.

So, I had a little accident on Sunday. I have a can opener that I need to retire - badly. Whenever I do need to use it, I'll usually ask "him" to open whatever it is just so I can avoid getting hurt. Recently, I watched him as he finished opening a can with a knife. Anyway, my daughter likes to eat corn - a lot. She asked me to give her some. I get the can, start opening it, when it's halfway open, I proceed to act as if I'm him and lift the lid with a knife...

Next thing I knew my wrist was cut deep and I'm bleeding, screaming and running to him. So yeah, I guess it didn't pay to act like superwoman.

Anyway, I was in Duane Reade yesterday trying to buy a pack of band-aids. When in the hell did there become over 50 different types of band-aids? It literally took me about 35 minutes trying to figure out which pack to buy. Like I stood there looking left to right, right to left... amazed. They have all types. I'm probably late but they even have band-aids infused with bacitracin ointment? Wow. So as I'm standing there looking at the various choices... an employee comes over to me and asks if I need help. So I say "Not really... I'm just trying to get some band-aids". He continues "Well what kind do you prefer?" Then attempts to start explaining to me that there are different kinds and choosing the right one is essential...WTF, it's only band-aids... not stock options.

I grabbed a pack, cashed out and left. What ever happened to there being one, two - maybe three different types of any one item?
P.S. - my daughter has apologized and vowed to never ever eat corn again since it cut Mommy's wrist...

5 comments:

Jillian said...

there is multiple options for EVERYTHING these days...no such thing as a convenient convenience store..brand name/generic...then multiple brand names within that..lol @ it's just band aids not stock options...

uuumm and fyi...don't use the knife to open the cans anymore! lol

Anonymous said...

I agree...All those damn band aids and NONE are made for black people!!!!!!!!!!

Cynical Blah said...

LOL @ Kia vowing to never eat corn again lol

Adina said...

LOL, honey when was the last time you've been down the aisles of these stores...Man there's a varitey of pads (like are all the different versions necessary for one simple thing???), dish soap, brillo, you name it, there's another form of it...Anything to make money nowadays I guess, LOL

FYI - Plsss stop dramatizing my baby!!! Poor thing will never see corn the same again, smh

Pana said...

Awww @ the PS...she sounds soooo cute !!