07 December 2008

uber chic...

Here's another model I adore [yes I'm on my modeling ish today...].

She's 29, Ethopian, and definitely taking the model industry by storm.

Her rise began when Gucci creative director Tom Ford, who was mesmerized by her during a Milan catwalk show, handpicked her for an Yves Saint Laurent campaign. After that, she caught the attention of Estee Lauder's CEO. Liya signed a $3 million contract in March 2003.



“I’d love it if young girls can see me and say, ‘She’s done it, and so can I’.” - Liya

3 comments:

**trucee writer** said...

i want to do a photo shoot SO bad but i am scared for some reason...i think modeling def takes a certain skill...

im afraid i dont have that lol
i mean, i know im pretty but sheesh, these girls go ALL out with the poses and everything :-\

DOAYM said...

I discovered my interest in African women my freshman year of college. I dated 3 women from west africa they were from Somalia in West Africa, man they were so damn gorgeous.

Peggy M. said...

Trucee - LOL ... everyone's had a shoot esp with Aston (of 7days) being theee best photographer nowadays... lol. I say go for it :). I shot with him before (it was super fun) and so has my daughter. He's great with kids as well. I'm assuming I've seen you around before in NYC nightlife, so that's why I mentioned him. I may be wrong though.

Mr. Getz Bizzy - You are so not lying ... especially Ethiopian women ... they are sooo beautiful and so unique. Funny how you can spot an Ethiopian female anywhere because of their physical characteristics.